Check out Jerry Bernhart’s featured cover story interview in DigitalCommerce360 (Internet Retailer)- April 2017
Jerry Bernhart is proud to announce that he has been profiled among 11 leading Digital Influencers in the new book, “Digital Influence for Baby Boomers, ” by Janet Granger (Westside Publishing)
The year was 1990. I decided after spending several wonderful years with Management Recruiters to go it alone and focus in the fast growing direct response industry. In those days, television and direct mail were on a growth tear. Then came early talk about this new thing called the internet. I’ve never pretended to be a visionary, but in 1995 I did something that turned out to be the smartest business decision I ever made: I registered my last name as a domain. Twenty five years later, it is a nationally recognized brand in digital marketing and ecommerce executive search.
Along the way, I dabbled with my own online business, directmarketingcareers.com. In 1999 it made the CareerXRoads list of top online job sites. I thought that was pretty cool. Then Monster, Hot Jobs and other mega job posting sites with their mega private equity backing and mega marketing budgets rose to prominence, and they handed us niche job sites our lunch, and dinner.
This year, I published “Careers in Ecommerce and Digital Marketing,” the first book of its kind on employment opportunities, skills required for success, and educational preparation for a career in online commerce (several universities have endorsed it as recommended reading for their students studying digital media).
I mention all of this because as you visit the websites of executive search firms, I’m sure you’re wondering: What makes one firm different or better than the other? In a word, process. Having a large database of contacts is good, being trustworthy is very important, putting the client’s interests first is a given. But a time-tested, proven process is what delivers true talent that will make a real difference in your business. My process is the synthesis of all of these experiences and more than 500 placed candidates over a period of more than 25 years. Bottom Line: 94% of our placed candidates are in the same position two years later.
Let our process guide you to exceptional talent. We guarantee it.
Our Experience and Track Record Set Us Apart:
- Jerry asks the right questions: More than 25 years experience as a “high-touch” boutique executive search firm specializing in direct and digital marketing, ecommerce, and CRM with more than 450 positions placed, both B2C and B2B. This experience sets Jerry apart, and his cross-referenced network of potential candidates for your search is practically unmatched. Find out more about our specialization in ecommerce and CRM.
- From 1997-2003, Jerry launched and ran directmarketingcareers.com, which was ranked twice by CareerXRoads among the top marketing-specific job posting sites on the internet, with more than 600 employers posting more than 2,300 jobs at its peak.
- Described by MarketingProfs to be among the “experts and in-the-trenches marketers who know what they are talking about… and among the best voices in marketing.” Described by the Direct Marketing Association as “an expert in direct and digital marketing hiring practices (and) a prominent source and thought leader.” Named on Marketing Sherpa’s list of “Best Headhunter and Recruiter Sites for Marketing, Advertising and PR Pros” and listed on the prestigious “AdAge’s Guide to Marketing Recruiters.”
- A highly, time-tested and proven 15-step recruiting process with a 97 percent two-year placement success rate for placed digital marketing and ecommerce candidates. We put top priority where it belongs: Ensuring the right cultural fit. See Our Process for more on what we do and how we do it.
- Clients include leading ecommerce and digital marketers, digital agencies and service providers across all major industry sectors, and businesses of all sizes. Check out our full client list.
- All searches are conducted by Jerry Bernhart personally, leveraging his extensive cross-referenced network of digital marketing talent. We do not delegate the all-important recruiting process to staff recruiters or third party research.
- Since 1995, founding Advisory Board/Faculty Member of Data University, and since 1996, Director of Executive Search for the CRM and Database Marketing Institute, founded by renowned email and database marketing expert, international speaker and author Arthur Middleton Hughes. Our candidates know the importance of leveraging customer data into actionable knowledge,
- Extraordinarily high visibility. Check out Jerry’s articles and media coverage featured in dozens of leading digital marketing publications. This brings almost unequaled credibility to your search process.
- Author of “From Cell Phone to Sell Phone: Hiring the Best Mobile Marketers,” published by the International Journal of Mobile Marketing. We are uniquely qualified to help you fill your mobile marketing positions.
- Our clients appreciate the fact that we are available 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
Digital Marketing Recruiter with placements made in Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Birmingham, Boston, Burlington/Stowe VT, Charlotte, Charleston SC, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Dayton, Denver, Detroit, Des Moines, Greensboro, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Lexington, Louisville, Madison (WI), Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Haven, New York, Omaha, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland (OR and ME), Richmond, Rochester (NY), Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Stamford CT, Tampa, Toronto CA, Tucson, Washington DC, plus dozens of other primary and secondary metro areas nationwide.
Keep up to date on our newest opportunities, as they’re announced, with our first-of-its-kind Android App, “Bernhart Opportunities”, now available on Google Play.