Job Description for Director eCommerce
Block and Company, Inc, the leading direct marketer and manufacturer of banking products and supplies, is seeking a talented executive to fill a dynamic, new role of Director eCommerce.
The Director eCommerce will generate increased sales growth, customer acquisition, and improved service though execution of a new website that is integral to Block’s fast growing, self-service web channel. Reporting to the Vice-President & General Manager, Block Division, he/she is responsible for executing all components of website marketing and management within the framework of a new business strategy.
The objectives for this new role include:
- Ownership and achievement of the Block Division web channel revenue and expense budget targets, and attainment of performance metrics including new online revenue, visitors, customers, order conversion, online share growth, and others.
- Manage overall online and offline web marketing strategy, site performance monitoring, and all activities that promote Block’s online presence to banks and small business segments.
- Lead cross functional team towards the planning, development, implementation, and launch of a second generation website to grow the Block Business Unit. This will include execution of a new website strategy, development of a new website(s), improved site creative/design, assessment and selection of new e-commerce technology, and keeping key stakeholders informed regarding overall progress.
The Director eCommerce will have one direct report to support their efforts, and will work with a cross functional team including, IT, Marketing, Merchandising, and Sales to execute various initiatives. In addition, this person will provide guidance where applicable to other business units including MMF and ECD on opportunities to incorporate web technology into their businesses.
- The Director eCommerce will ensure site design is creatively appealing, shopping functionality is easy-to-use, and site incorporates best practice catalog and search methodologies that delight customers.
- Plan and oversee the online and offline web marketing including search engines, shopping sites, emails, affiliate programs, and website promotions.
- Manage monthly key web metrics dashboard to track visitors, cart conversion, repeat visits, and other leading indicators, with continuous reporting of important site enhancements.
- Develop process for timing and update of new products, relevant content, and specialized pages that integrate with overall marketing and sales strategy.
- Innovate and implement convenient product configuration tools to promote Block’s competitive advantage as a provider of personalized products.
- Recommend, solicit, and manage relationships with outsource e-commerce vendors and service providers in cooperation with cross functional team where applicable.
- Monitor both online and offline competition to anticipate and respond to competitive moves, while keeping a close eye on industry trends and new technologies.
- E-commerce leader with experience developing websites from initial concept to launch.
- Strong online marketing knowledge with demonstrated growth of existing and new customers.
- Strong project management skills that prioritize and communicate key objectives for success.
- Smart, adept, and conversant in communicating strategy and tactical updates to stakeholders.
- A team player and project leader able to work effectively among various shared support departments including IT, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, and fulfillment.
- A champion of communicating technical change within an organization and to customers.
Skills and Experience
- Documented experience launching and managing a website from inception to launch, with ownership of the online marketing function.
- Ability to lead, manage, and work within a cross functional environment to achieve objectives.
- Sound technical comprehension with knowledge of web tools and techniques used to sell durable products to business or consumers.
- Awareness of Block’s legacy technologies including MFG Pro Eb2 Service Pack 6, Progress 9.1D, Unix 11i, or other relevant database or ERP solutions.
- Experience with a B2B marketer of office, business, medical, or industrial products preferred.
A proud member of many regional and national multichannel marketing associations, the Minnesota Association of Personnel Services, Database Marketing Institute and Advisory Board of Data University.