The Direct-to-Consumer Marketing Director (Director of Omnichannel Marketing) drives multi-channel marketing programs for all ACCO Brands’ Planning & Organizing brands including AT-A-GLANCE, DayRunner, Mead, and DayTimer. Responsible for increasing revenue and advertising efficiency. Key objectives include maximizing new consumer acquisition levels and maintaining high levels of consumer retention. Leads team with expertise in marketing channels, web merchandising and analytics. The Director of Omnichannel Marketing will also drive and execute e-marketing tactics from initiation to implementation with emphasis on analytics, email, social, search, and content development for the web properties. In addition, they will be responsible for developing and implementing the direct/digital/online marketing strategy, manage product selection, pricing strategy, promotions and partnership opportunities that achieve and complement company goals and objectives.
Position Responsibilities for Director of Omnichannel Marketing:
– Increase consumer acquisition through effective SEO, PPC, affiliate, insert programs, etc.
– Oversees programs to improve consumer retention rates based on clear segmentation
– Ensure a culture of testing, measurement and results is integrated through entire D2C team
– Oversees marketing database including consumer segmentation
– Gather, filter and share consumer insights on D2C within ACCO Brands
– Oversee effective web merchandising to increase AOV, cross-sell, and up sell
– Develops strategic direct marketing plans and programs for the direct business, both short and long range, to ensure the profitable growth and expansion of planning & organizing products in support of the D2C marketing business plan
– Works with brand teams and e-commerce merchandising teams to grow revenue through direct chancels (including e-commerce, mobile, catalog, mail, and call center)
– Develop strategies to grow revenue while enhancing the consumer experience across channels
– Develops and maintains marketing strategies to build public awareness and increase sales/market share for each product category
– Assures utilization of other organization resources (e.g. research, marketing, partner agencies, etc.) to support marketing efforts
– Leads development teams including developing budgets for projects, monitoring costs, and providing status reports to management
– Work with other departments in developing the product strategy/selection for the direct business
– Identify, develop, and implement promotional opportunities that creatively and cost effectively generate new direct business; oversee direct promotional activities, including print, electronic, direct mail and call center promotions
– Work with outside partners and vendors for ongoing miscellaneous projects to achieve departmental/company goals
– Collaborate with brand marketing to maintain and communicate company brand, usage, and sub- brand strategies to ensure consistency, maximum consumer exposure and awareness via e-commerce channel
– Provides leadership and supervision to direct staff.
Performance Measures: D2C Revenue, D2C Contribution (Revenue – advertising spend), New consumer acquisition targets, Retention rates, Website conversion rate
Position Qualifications for Director of Omnichannel Marketing:
– 7+ years direct response and e-commerce experience in an integrated, multi-channel marketing environment including e-commerce, catalog, call center, and direct mail
– History of profitable channel management and driving business growth
– Deep background in consumer marketing via online media sources including paid search, search engine optimization, affiliate marketing and social media
– Demonstrated experience in consumer segmentation strategy
– Management of membership, loyalty, subscription or continuity programs a plus
– Track record of growing new consumer acquisition programs
– Experience with digital, mobile, and apps a plus
– Minimum five years of staff management; strong management skills; ability to motivate and lead direct reports and teams
– Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills required
– Must have experience with a company that has multiple lines of business and product categories
– Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred
A proud member of many regional and national multichannel marketing associations, the Minnesota Association of Personnel Services, Database Marketing Institute and Advisory Board of Data University.