Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life Insurance Company is a Fortune 100 company and the oldest and one of the largest mutual life insurance companies in America. The New York Life Tampa Operation sells life insurance and annuities to AARP members through direct response channels such as direct mail, DRTV and internet.
To help make it simpler for AARP members to apply for affordable life insurance protection, AARP selected New York Life to provide a life insurance program just for its members. Through this program, AARP members ages 50 to 80—and their spouses ages 45 to 80—have exclusive access to a broad range of affordable life insurance coverage options, plus valuable benefits.
This position, based in Tampa, leads the growth and development of web properties (i.e., website, microsites and landing pages) that support sales of AARP Life Insurance and Annuities. Central to the roll is the ability to create optimization strategies to improve the customer experience and increase lead capture and sales. This position also creates operational systems to manage testing and roll-out of new strategies and measure and report on results. A special focus will be placed on usability and disciplined A/B testing in support of website growth.
· Create and manage all new website optimizations and functionality projects
· Create A/B and Multi-Variate test plans, including reporting and analysis
· Prepare features and functionality requirements documentation, wireframes and UI requirements in support of all initiatives
· Work with IT and Creative to update the website, microsites and landing pages based on test results
· Manage Search Engine Optimization roadmap and initiatives, including SEO agency
· Manage web analytics and reporting to ensure the appropriate measurement mechanisms are in place to assess results of projects and monitor and report on project outcomes
· Manage Website Content Management System, including the content update schedule and workflow
· Serve as primary marketing liaison to IT regarding all site projects, updates and processes
· Prepare competitive analyses to help guide strategy and subsequent initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Communications – Technical degree a plus
- 10+ years of combined marketing and technical experience with a focus on website usability and developing website optimization strategies and plans
- Direct Marketing experience with proven ability to structure and execute online tests using rigorous direct marketing techniques
- Track record of success driving visits and sales via search engine optimization
- Experience using content management systems
- Web analytics experience – Experience with Omniture SiteCatalyst and Test and Target a plus
- Able to work at both the strategic and tactical levels with diverse groups from throughout the organization as well as external stakeholders
- Able to operate within a team environment while consistently meeting deadlines
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and be highly productive while working with a great sense of urgency to consistently meet deadline
- Microsoft application suite
- Strong analytical and communication skills